Our organic Fairtrade mung beans are:
- absolutely 100% pure nature
- very germinable
- very aromatic taste
- very valuable for nutrition
- visually very attractive
- cleaned and checked several times
- laser cleaned
- in pure top quality
- in fair trade quality
Reawakening of the beans! 1,2
- Beans contain a high protein content.
- Beans contain minerals and vitamins. In particular, calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium as well as vitamins B2, B6, C, E, beta-carotene and folic acid are found in significant amounts in beans.
- Beans are high in fiber, which can be particularly useful in preventing colon cancer.
- Beans contain a low glycemic index, which makes all diabetics happy.
- Beans provide more variety on our plate and, thanks to their slow-food properties, bring us closer to our actual body rhythm.
- Beans contain a very high antioxidant capacity of approx. 8400 µmol TE (ORAC value = Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacit).
By consuming foods rich in antioxidants, the defense mechanism in the body can be strengthened and an overproduction of free radicals can be balanced out. An ORAC daily requirement between 5000 and 7000 is recommended.3
Description: The mung bean is also known as the lunja bean. It has been cultivated for over 1000 years. Very well known are the seedlings of the mung beans (the mung sprouts). Since our organic Fairtrade mung beans are not treated, they germinate very easily and very well. Our mung beans have a beautiful, warm shade of green, which sometimes has a slightly yellow-green shimmer. Our mung beans are oval and between 2 to 5 x 3 to 4 mm small (the size of a pea).
Our mung beans are very good for a healthy diet and a good body feeling because they contain the positive properties mentioned above. In terms of taste, the beans are very aromatic, yet gentle in taste. Our mung beans have a low proportion of broken beans and are very clean due to the increased careful cleaning.
Origin: We source our organic Fairtrade mung beans exclusively from Uzbekistan. They mature there, in the gardens and fields of Fairtrade farmers in a picturesque setting around Samarkand.
The area is largely organic and FAIRTRADE certified. The farmers belong to a large Fairtrade community, which is made up of 3 groups, Dustkul Bogi, Turkestan Gulba und Turob Baba. They include around 1,000 individual farmers, along with their families. Thanks to By working with Fairtrade, the farmers can offer their families a secure income and their children a new perspective.
Purity: After harvesting, our organic mung beans go through several different cleaning steps. During our final multiple cleaning in the laser cleaning system, the mung beans are checked individually to rule out any foreign contamination. The beans are also pressure treated. When it comes to printing, the interaction of pressure and time ensures absolute freedom from pests.
Organic ingredients: Mung beans° - °FAIRTRADE certified and grown by Fairtrade producers. Total Fairtrade percentage: 100%.Sources:
1 Wikipedia garden beans / beans
2 DEBInet German nutritional advice and information network
3 ORAC USDA Database
Note: Large containers may be delivered in an inliner with a food-safe outer carton.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.