- very aromatic taste
- very valuable for nutrition
- absolutely 100% pure nature
- optically very attractive
- cleaned and checked several times
- in pure top quality
- in fair trade quality
Reawakening of the beans! [1 and 2]
- Beans are high in protein.
- Beans contain minerals and vitamins. Above all, calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium as well as vitamins B2, B6, C, E, beta-carotene and folic acid are found in significant amounts in beans.
- Beans are high in fiber, which can be particularly useful in preventing colon cancer.
- Beans have a low glycemic index, which makes diabetics happy.
- Beans provide more variety on our plate and, thanks to their slow food properties, bring us closer to our actual body rhythm.
- Beans contain a very high antioxidant capacity of approx. 8400 µmol TE (ORAC value = Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity).
By consuming foods rich in antioxidants, the body's defense mechanism can be strengthened and an overproduction of free radicals can be balanced out. An ORAC daily requirement of between 5000 and 7000 is recommended .
Our tartar beans are a very old type of bean and, as the name suggests, they were very popular with the tartars. The Tatars, who were also known as the plundering horde of Genghis Khan, strengthened themselves with these beans in order to have enough strength.
Our tartar beans are elongated to oval round. They are very flat and therefore have a more subtle bean taste. The beans are extremely handsome. The basic color is dark red and nature has decorated each individual bean with white, marble-like spots.
Our tartar beans have a low percentage of breakage and are very pure due to the increased careful cleaning.
We source our organic Fairtrade tartar beans exclusively from Uzbekistan. They mature there, in the gardens and fields of the Fairtrade farmers in a picturesque setting around Samarkand. The area is largely organic and FAIRTRADE certified.
The farmers belong to a large Fairtrade community, which consists of 3 groups, Dustkul Bogi, Turkiston Gulba and Turob Bobo. Around 1000 individual farmers and their families belong to them. Thanks to the cooperation with Fairtrade, the farmers can offer their families a secure income and their children a new perspective.
 Wikipedia Gartenbohnen / beans,  DEBInet German nutrition advice and information network,  ORAC USDA Database
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.