Our organic fairtrade mung beans are:
- absolutely 100% pure nature
- very good germinability
- very aromatic taste
- very valuable for nutrition
- optically very attractive
- cleaned and checked several times
- laser cleaned
- in pure top quality
- in fair trade quality
Reawakening of the beans! 1,2
- Beans are high in protein.
- Beans contain minerals and vitamins. Above all, calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium as well as vitamins B2, B6, C, E, beta-carotene and folic acid are found in significant amounts in beans.
- Beans are high in fiber, which can be particularly useful in preventing colon cancer.
- Beans have a low glycemic index, which makes diabetics happy.
- Beans provide more variety on our plate and, thanks to their slow food properties, bring us closer to our actual body rhythm.
- Beans contain a very high antioxidant capacity of approx. 8400 µmol TE (ORAC value = Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity).
By consuming foods rich in antioxidants, the body's defense mechanism can be strengthened and an overproduction of free radicals can be balanced out. An ORAC daily requirement between 5000 and 7000 is recommended.3
Description: The mung bean is also known as the lunja bean. It has been grown for over 1000 years. The seedlings of the mung beans (the mung skewers) are very well known. Since our organic Fairtrade mung beans are not treated, they germinate very easily and very well. Our mung beans have a nice warm green tone that sometimes shimmers a little yellow-green. Our mung beans are oval and between 2 to 5 x 3 to 4 mm in size (the size of a pea).
Our mung beans are very good for a healthy diet and a good body image, because they contain the positive properties mentioned above. In terms of taste, the beans are very aromatic, yet gentle in taste. Our mung beans have a low percentage of breakage and are very pure due to the increased careful cleaning.
Origin: We source our organic Fairtrade mung beans exclusively from Uzbekistan. They mature there, in the gardens and fields of the Fairtrade farmers in a picturesque setting around Samarkand.
The area is largely organic and FAIRTRADE certified. The farmers belong to a large Fairtrade community, which consists of 3 groups, Dustkul Bogi, Turkiston Gulba and Turob Bobo. Around 1000 individual farmers and their families belong to them. thanks By working with Fairtrade, the farmers can offer their families a secure income and their children a new perspective.
Purity: Our organic mung beans go through several different cleaning steps after harvest. During our subsequent multiple cleaning in the laser cleaning system, the mung beans are checked individually in order to rule out any foreign contamination. The beans are also pressure treated. With pressure removal, the interaction of pressure and time ensures absolute freedom from pests.
Organic ingredients: Mung beans ° - ° FAIRTRADE certified and grown by Fairtrade producers. Total Fairtrade share: 100%.swell:
1 Wikipedia French beans
2 DEBInet German nutrition advice and information network
3 ORAC USDA Database